Monday 15 February 2016

This Is The Easiest Way To Brick An iPhone

Bricking your device is one of the most dreadful nightmares one can ever face.
 I once bricked my phone back when I wasn't so deep into 'techy sturvs', I almost cried because I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do to bring my beloved phone back to life.

That's all in the past now so end of that chapter.
Back to the main subject of today, as I said earlier, Bricking your phone is really scary but what is even more scary is the fact that you can easily brick an iPhone(one of the most secure devices on earth) by doing something as simple as changing your phone date.



It was recently discovered that changing your iOS device(especially iPhones using A7 chipsets like the iPhone 5s) date to the 1st of January 1970 would brick your device making it useless for a while.
Other supposed solutions include waiting for FIVE HOURS!!

The bug will take effect after you reboot your iPhone and restoring your phone from backup or entering DFU mode will not fix the problem. You might have to take your device to an Apple repair centre to have it looked at.

More than definitely, Apple will fix this bug with an update. However, for now keep you  dear Apple devices out of reach of mischievous people.


Related Posts

1 comment:

Drop your comments and share your thoughts...