Monday 6 June 2016

Facebook Removes Chat From Mobile Site, Force Users To Use Messenger

It is becoming really obvious that Facebook wants all its users to start using its messenger app.

On Friday June 3, Devin Coldewey of TechCrunch reported that Facebook is currently working to remove messaging from its mobile website pushing users to use the messenger app instead.

Facebook removing message from website

According to the report, clicking on the chat button MAY result in a message telling you that "your conversations are moving Messenger" and that “soon you’ll only be able to view your messages from Messenger”.
 You can close this notice and continue to your messages - For now. However very soon, you won't be able to move past this notice and your only choice would be to install the messenger app.

Facebook Removes Chat From Mobile Site

I tried checking my messages on the mobile website and I didn't see the notice instead I was just adviced to install the messenger app.

I'm a bit worried because I stopped using the Facebook mobile app just because I didn't want to install the messenger app. Now, Zuckerberg is planning to remove messaging from the Facebook mobile website too, would I have to quit Facebook all together or just succumb and install the messenger app(I hope not!)?

Related Posts

0 comments:

Drop your comments and share your thoughts...