Wednesday 27 September 2017

Twitter Plans To Double Its Tweet-Count Limit

Originally, I wasn't really a dedicated twitter users, honestly I didn't really understand how it worked. Until earlier this year when I was practically forced into using the app by one of my friends and trust me I didn't regret it.

Among other social networks, Twitter stands out in its own unique way and believe it or not, the 140-character tweet limit adds to its uniqueness.

Twitter increasing tweet limit

However, Twitter announced on Tuesday that it is doubling its character count for tweets -- from 140 characters to 280 characters.
This new development is currently in its test-phase and is currently available for a very small group Twitter users who were chosen at random.
The test group will include those who tweet in certain languages, including English, Spanish and Portuguese.

Twitter says it hopes people will embrace the change. But considering the move strays from its original design, it's likely to cause some backlash.

Related Posts

0 comments:

Drop your comments and share your thoughts...