Friday 19 January 2018

Truecaller Introduces Backup Feature For Its Android App

Truecaller, the popular caller ID app, has launched a new feature "Truecaller Backup for Android", which allows users to backup and restore their contacts, call history, block list, and settings.

truecaller backup

The feature comes in handy when you’re switching to a new phone, getting a new SIM card, or resetting your device. Truecaller Backup simplifies transition to a new phone without losing contacts, call logs, etc.

For example, I recently lost my simcard causing me to lose all contacts, my only saving grace was that I previously synced my contacts with Google which backed some of my lost contacts, so I got about 60% of the lost contacts due to inconsistent syncs(beats losing them all right?)

At first, the backup will be hosted only on Google Drive but the company plans to expand the options to other backup storage soon.
Users can customize how often the backup takes place between daily, weekly, monthly, and on-demand.

The Truecaller Backup for Android feature has been rolled out already, but it will officially be available to users  over the next couple of days.

Related Posts

0 comments:

Drop your comments and share your thoughts...