Sunday 17 July 2016

How To Opt Out Of Airtel 2G Data Plan

Last month, Airtel introduced two plans 2GB for N200 and 6GB for N500 however they only work on 2G network.
I believed it was a cool plan and thought I could manage the terribly slow speed... Guess what, I couldn't!!

Opt out of Airtel 2g data plan
I tested it by subscribing for the N200 plan and what I experienced was just.... No words for it.
I could only load one page in all the 14 days... I mean that literally.. It doesn't load at all... It felt browsing with 0.15G not 2G.

Then I decided the suffering was too much to bear and wanted to opt out but that was impossible.

I also learnt that most people that subscribed for this plan are unable to subscribe for Airtel BIS 3GB for N1000 which a lot of of people have been using because it doesn't zap like other Airtel data plans.

Today, I came across what seemed like a solution in yomiprof.com new post. I confess, I haven't tried it to confirm if it works because I abandoned my Airtel Sim now I can't find it.

How To Opt Out of Airtel 2GB For N200 Data Plan?

  1. Dial *482*4# and u will receive invalid request message.
  2. Then reply with *
  3. Now, reply with 3.

 You should receive a confirmation message saying:
"you have cancelled your 2G data subscription"

This should help you opt you out of Airtel 2G plan.
 Try it and let us know if it worked for you or not.

Related Posts

0 comments:

Drop your comments and share your thoughts...