Thursday 19 May 2016

Mtn New Data Plans - Do They Zap?

Mtn recently introduced new cheap data plans and a lot of people seemed to love them when they were released. However right now, this same group of people have been complaining that the new data plans zaps with Barry Allen kinda speed.

An enraged Nairalander named "Dygeasy" complained bitterly about this in a thread on nairaland;
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

How on earth did I spend 2.9 gig in three hours?

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

Another really hilarious guy went as far as warning people to stay away from MTN data plans, and I must say, his write-up is one of the funniest things I've ever read.
I would have shared it here but it is really long and this post is already quite long as it is so if you want to read his article(trust me, you want to), click here

Yomi of Yomiprof.com recently published a post also complaining about this same MTN data issue.

The question right now is, how is your MTN data plan burn rate?

Related Posts

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...I always tell people, whenever MTN offers something too good to be true, run the away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...
      Frizzy.. It's been a while,how have you been?

      Delete

Drop your comments and share your thoughts...